"Among the iron piers were sanded terraces, Bengal rose beds, granite balustrades, trees, lawns that joined meadows sloping up against the near horizon, and where, on small wheels, low hay carts, drawn by cows, were coming down at night. "
- 18th century: creation of the estate by a colonel of the bourgeois militia: Jean Peyroche
- 1841: Reconstruction of the body of the house
- 1854: The Guillet family becomes owner of the estate.
- 1873: The Château du Reynou becomes the holiday resort of the Haviland family.
- 1876-1877: Construction of the 2 central towers
- 1881: "From the family of his first wife, Marie Guillet, Charles Edward Haviland receives, the castle of Reynou in inheritance on May 6, 1881."
- 1893: Creation of water bodies and rock gardens, probably the work of André Laurent, nurseryman and creator of parks in the region "The park, abundantly planted with American species, is the measure of castle. Ponds, waterfall, river, undulations, belvedere, everything is artificial. Charles Edward Haviland spends a fortune on Reynou, which he considers "simple and of good taste". "
- 1894-1895: Extension works and creation of the pavilions «On 71 hectares he undertakes extensive works. Two wings are added and connected by a large veranda. The shell is made of granite, steel is used extensively. The composite ensemble, mixing the Gothic, Baroque and contemporary styles, forms a well proportioned house, in the style of the castle that Theodore Haviland, his brother, built in Montméry, near Ambazac, at the same time. "Charles Edward Haviland draws the plans for the castle, which consists of 27 rooms. He uses the most noble materials. He is particularly concerned with comfort, light and acoustics. He captures all sources; he installs a sewer system.
- 1907: The famous porcelainer bequeaths the domain to his daughter Jeanne, wife of Albert Camu.
- 1908-1909: Realization of the Grand Salon.
- 1991: After a succession of multiple owners, a Japanese company offers the Reynou, to leave it abandoned due to economic difficulties.
- November 1996: The estate of 80 hectares is bought by the SA Reynou, which discovered, under the brush, a landscaped park, a listed historical monument, until then abandoned to his fate.
- July 1, 1997: Opening of the Parc Zoo du Reynou to the public.
Nathalie Valière: "An American in Limoges: Charles Edward Haviland Porcelainier"
In Situ Revue des Patrimoines, Haviland porcelain parks, Colette Chabrely
Merime Base of Historical Monuments